Saying Goodbye to CFHour
I have just finished editing and publishing the last CFHour show as official producer. I have loved every minute of being involved with the show, and Dave and Scott have made it a truly entertaining experience.
My first show was #120, "ColdSpring with Mark Mandel" in 2011. I would have loved to have made it to an even 100 shows before passing over production duties, but time limitations meant it was not possible and so I had to finish on #206 - 86 is not a bad figure!
My reasons for leaving are pretty much down to time. This year I am working on a number of projects, and the following are all on my list of current or "soon to be current" activities:
- learning French
- writing book number 3
- planning book number 4
- running a business
- dealing with external clients (which equates to two full time jobs)
- five kids
- magazine tutorials
- conference presentation preparation
- planning to start my University degree and aim towards a Masters
Sadly something had to give, and CFHour was that something. It was a really hard decision to make and I didn't want to let it go, but for the sake of sanity and trying to find some time to sleep amongst everything else mentioned above I had to.
Some fun stats for anyone interested. During my time as producer I have:
- listened to approximately 134 hours of audio
- created approximately 430 minutes of bloopers
- taken part in two live shows
- spliced, blanked out and removed approximately 258 minutes of audio
- destroyed more audio gems that will never / should never see the light of day!
I can honestly say I have had massive fun working on the show. Dave and Scott gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted, and I can happily say that they are two very close friends of mine.
Thank you to everyone who has listened to the show and continues to listen. It's the #1 ColdFusion podcast and long may it stay so. Please continue to support the show and I look forward to making the occasional appearance in the future - I'll be able to relax if I do, as I wont have to edit it afterwards! ;)